The population of Liverpool has grown by around 5.5% over the last 10 years, to almost half a million people. So, given that nationwide there are an estimated 1,500,000 leasehold flats, it is hardly surprising to find that there are so many flats and apartments in Liverpool – with many leaseholders wanting to gain greater control over their property by buying the freehold of their block using the leasehold enfranchisement process.
Genuinely specialist enfranchisement solicitors are very hard to find. But here at Bonallack & Bishop we have a 5 strong team who do nothing but enfranchisement, lease extension and right to manage company formation cases throughout England and Wales – and who can help you buy the freehold of your block.
Own a Flat or Apartment in Liverpool? Interested in Buying The Freehold Of Your Block? For the Specialist Legal Advice You Need, Call Us On FREEPHONE 0800 1404544
YOUR ENFRANCHISEMENT – YOU NEED A SPECIALIST SOLICITOR
Here’s why you will need to instruct a specialist solicitor to help with your lease enfranchisement:
• The relevant legislation is complicated and difficult to understand. There are also a number of critical deadlines which must not be missed – sadly, in our experience, a generalist property solicitor without much, if any, freehold purchase experience is simply not up to the job
• It’s highly likely that your freeholder knows the importance of having a specialist enfranchisement solicitor. That means that there likely to instruct an expert solicitor themselves. You therefore need to do the same to ensure a level playing field between you.
• To go through a successful enfranchisement cost effectively and with minimal complication, your solicitor will need to cooperate with the surveyor and project manager. Our team liaise daily with specialist surveyors and valuers – and collective enfranchisement project managers
OUR ENFRANCHISEMENT EXPERTISE
Over the last 25 years, we have helped thousands of leaseholders throughout England and Wales benefit from lease extension and freehold purchase. And we also act regularly for freeholders – so we fully understand the whole process from both sides.
What’s more, we are long-standing members of the only specialist body for leasehold surveyors and solicitors – the Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners – ALEP.
In addition we are the only solicitors nationwide who the highly regarded campaigning organisation, the HomeOwners Alliance, recommend for this area of work.
DO I NEED TO INSTRUCT SOLICITORS AT ALL?
No – there’s certainly no legal requirement, but like conveyancing, very few people are confident enough to take a chance on making a mistake when buying property.#
DOES OUR FREEHOLDER NEED TO OFFER THE FREEHOLD OF THE BLOCK TO US BEFORE TRYING TO SELL ELSEWHERE?
Yes – there is a clear legal requirement. Your freeholder must offer it to you, as leaseholders 1st, and the right of first refusal allows you, as the leaseholders of the building, to bid for the right to buy the freehold if the freeholder wishes to sell it.
Click here to read more about the Right of 1st Refusal
DOES THE RIGHT TO ENFRANCHISEMENT ALSO APPLY TO LEASEHOLD HOUSES?
Yes. Click here to find out about how to buy the freehold of your leasehold house
THINKING OF ENFRANCHISEMENT IN LIVERPOOL – CONTACT US NOW
Our service is so specialist that we regularly represent clients throughout England and Wales – with the vast majority of our collective enfranchisement cases being run by phone, email and Zoom video. In fact, it’s very rare that we meet our freehold purchase clients – and it’s never been a problem
So, whether you live in Liverpool or anywhere else nationwide, for FREE expert initial advice and a FREE freehold enfranchisement quote
• Call us now on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or
• Email us using the contact form below – or we can arrange to ring you back when it suits you