There are thought to be around 1 ½ million leasehold flats in England and Wales and many of these are in Manchester. If you live in Manchester and you own a leasehold flat you may be interested in the leasehold enfranchisement process (also referred to as ‘freehold purchase’ or ‘collective enfranchisement’). This right to enfranchise enables you to get together with some of your fellow flat owners to jointly buy the freehold of your block and to gain greater control over your property.
CHOOSE AN EXPERT FOR YOUR LEASE ENFRANCHISEMENT
Having an expert enfranchisement solicitor on board is crucial because this area of law is full of complications. Tricky deadlines and near-incomprehensible legislation make lease enfranchisement and lease extension difficult areas of law and few property solicitors have any enfranchisement. However, specialists like those here at Bonallack & Bishop have plenty of enfranchisement experience – in fact, enfranchisement and lease extension work is the only area of law that our three strong cover – so you can rest assured that they have all the experience needed to help you buy your freehold.
It’s also worth bearing in mind the importance of ensuring that you and your freeholder are on a level playing field. Given that whoever owns the freehold of your block is almost guaranteed to instruct a specialist enfranchisement solicitor, it is important that you get advice from a similarly experienced solicitor. A specialist in franchising solicitor will understand exactly how to work effectively with your project manager and surveyor to help make sure your enfranchisement goes through at the right price with minimal delay.
EXPERT LEASE ENFRANCHISEMENT SOLICITORS
• High values are involved in the enfranchisement process so it is crucial to instruct an expert solicitor. Our specialists have over 20 years of experience assisting thousands of freeholders and leaseholders with enfranchisement and extending a lease.
• At Bonallack & Bishop, we are genuine specialists – our team of 3 lawyers are dedicated to lease extension and enfranchisement work only.•
• We are members of the Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners – the only nationwide organisation of enfranchisement specialists
• We are also recognised as specialists by the government funded Leasehold Advisory Service.
• Don’t worry that our team is based in Wiltshire -we deal with almost all lease extension and enfranchisement work remotely – taking instructions from clients all over England and Wales by phone and email – and we can also arrange Skype video meetings if you prefer
LEASEHOLD ENFRANCHISEMENT IN MANCHESTER? CONTACT US TODAY
- Call us today on 0800 1404544 or email us using our contact form for FREE initial advice and a FREE quote.
- Or email us using the contact form below – or we can arrange to ring you back when it suits you
Comments or questions are welcome.