hop over to these guys Birmingham has a population of over 1.1 million people [according to 2014 figures from Birmingham City Council itself]. So, as Britain’s second city, you probably won’t be surprised to hear that there are a huge number of flats in Birmingham, many of which are owned under a long leasehold [i.e. a lease originally granted for at least 21 years] rather than rented from say the local authority or a housing association. In fact according to the 2011 Census, Birmingham had 86,595 purpose built flats – and that’s before you mentioned the tens of thousands of houses that have been converted into flats.
pregnyl price But owning a leasehold flat isn’t like owning a freehold house – you don’t have complete control over your block, you have to pay service charges and ground rent to your freeholder – and year by year your lease gets gradually shorter – so when it expires, you end up owning precisely nothing.
The answer? Freehold purchase
One way of avoiding these problems with a leasehold property is to join together with some of the other flat owners to buy the freehold of your block – through a process known as leasehold enfranchisement (often referred to as ‘freehold purchase’ or ‘collective enfranchisement’).
If you live in Birmingham and are thinking of buying your freehold, you’re going to need a specialist solicitor – the specialist enfranchisement team here at Bonallack & Bishop can help.
WHY A SPECIALIST ENFRANCHISEMENT SOLICITOR IS SO IMPORTANT
You may wonder why any solicitor couldn’t handle your lease enfranchisement – how difficult can it be?
Lease enfranchisement is, in fact, a very complicated area of law with tight rules, strict deadlines and a number of traps for the unwary. It is an area of law that very few property solicitors will ever have dealt with – and therefore are unlikely to have sufficient understanding of the issues surrounding enfranchisement .
Given that your freeholder is highly likely to instruct a specialist lease enfranchisement solicitor of their own, you do not want to start on an uneven footing – especially when large financial sums are at stake.
OUR COLLECTIVE ENFRANCHISEMENT EXPERTS
Finding an expert lease enfranchisement solicitor is difficult – the vast majority of property solicitors deal with regular conveyancing of flats and houses, with landlord and tenant issues or deal with commercial property.
• We have a team of four lawyers who specialise in nothing but lease extension, right to manage company formation and lease enfranchisement.
• We are members of the Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners (ALEP) – the only group of specialist enfranchisement surveyors and solicitors nationwide.
• We are also listed as specialists on the government funded Leasehold Advisory Service website.
• Our team liaise with specialist enfranchisement and lease extension surveyors every single day – so, if you wish, as part of our one-stop shop service, we cannot only introduce you to a specialist local surveyor, we can also instruct them on your behalf.
• We will handle your enfranchisement from beginning to end – from obtaining the initial valuation, and serving the Enfranchisement Notice, to helping you with formation of your freehold purchase company and registering you as a new owners with HM Land Registry – and even taking your case to the First Tier Property Tribunal in the unlikely event it becomes necessary
• Our dedicated team have helped thousands of clients with successful freehold purchase and lease extension cases over the last 25 years
THINKING OF ENFRANCHISEMENT IN BIRMINGHAM? CONTACT US TODAY
Due to the specialist nature of our service, we represent leaseholders and freeholders alike throughout England and Wales – with the vast majority of our enfranchisement cases being run by phone, email or even over Skype video.
For FREE no strings attached initial advice and a FREE enfranchisement quote
• Call our team free on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or
• Fill in the email enquiry form below
Comments or questions are welcome.