Freehold Enfranchisement can often be a complicated area of law and there is a specific process that you need to follow along with a strict timetable. Most solicitors rarely, if ever, come across enfranchisement [also known as leasehold or collective enfranchisement, or freehold purchase] – so it is definitely critical to take on specialist Freehold Enfranchisement solicitor to help you. Your solicitor will be able to help you in the following aspects of the enfranchisement process;
• They will be able to help you determine whether or not you and your fellow tenants meet the eligibility requirements necessary to proceed with Lease Enfranchisement.
• They will be able to advise you on the process of setting up a company to manage the freehold and assist you in registering the company with Companies House, as well as offering guidance on your responsibilities when it comes to running it.
• They will be able to help you find a suitable, experienced chartered surveyor who will be able to carry out the valuation of your proposed freehold purchase.
• They can assist you in compiling all the necessary details for your Initial Notice that you will need to serve to your landlord in order to give your enfranchisement the best chance of succeeding.
• They can advise you on what to do following the landlord’s Counter Notice (or their failure to produce a Counter Notice) and give you assistance when it comes to haggling on the price of the freehold.
• They can represent you at a leasehold valuation tribunal if you are having difficulties getting your landlord to cooperate or if you are unable to agree on a price for the freehold between yourselves.
Going ahead with Freehold Enfranchisement? Contact Our Specialists
Our solicitors have over 25 years experience of leasehold extension and Freehold Enfranchisement. So wherever you are based in England and Wales, our team can help – you can instruct us by email, phone or Skype. For expert FREE initial phone advice ;
- Call us today on 0800 1404544 or
- Or email us using the contact form below – or we can arrange to ring you back when it suits you
Comments or questions are welcome.