Leasehold Enfranchisement – Why Do I Need Specialist Solicitors?
How Our Solicitors Can Help You
Our experienced team can help you with the whole process of enfranchisement – from beginning to end, and in particular we can help you deal the following;
1. A free quote of our legal costs – and a estimate of the cost of any valuation on your behalf, along with a rough idea of your freeholder’s reasonable legal costs
2. As part of our one-stop shop service, we will identify and instruct, if you wish, a specialist enfranchisement valuer from our panel of surveyors throughout England and Wales
3. Establish that both the block, and you and your fellow leaseholders qualify to buy your freehold
4. Advise you about, and if necessary draft, a participation agreement
5. Collect all the necessary information about you, your block, your freeholder and the other participants
6. Form your Freehold Management or Enfranchisement Company, and draft the appropriate articles of association
7. Serve the initial Enfranchisement Notice on your freeholder
8. Reply to your freeholder’s counter notice
9. Arrange transfer of the freehold title
10. Draft your new 999 year lease
11. Register title and arrange for payment of appropriate stamp duty
12. If the event of any dispute, apply, on your behalf, to the First-Tier Property Tribunal
13. If we cannot get in touch with a missing freeholder to, we can apply on your behalf to the County Court for a vesting order.
Getting the right legal advice – 4 Questions to Ask
If you’re still uncertain about who to appoint to help with the legal side of your enfranchisement, consider asking any solicitor the following five simple questions;
1. How many enfranchisement or leasehold extensions has your firm completed? [The vast majority of property lawyers only complete lease extensions on the odd occasion – virtually none will have actually completed a single freehold purchase. Our team, however, do nothing but enfranchisement and lease extension work – with an estimated 350 individual freehold purchase and lease extensions expected in 2015]
2. Please provide me with copies of any reviews you’ve received from specialist surveyors or satisfied enfranchisement or lease extension clients? [Click here to visit a page full of testimonial from our clients and referrers]
3. How many specialist surveyors regularly refer work to you?
[We receive regular referrals from around a dozen specialist enfranchisement and lease extension values]
4. Are you able to identify, or instruct on my behalf, a surveyor who specialises in enfranchisement valuations, near to my property? [Our team regularly work with a panel of expert enfranchisement surveyors throughout England Wales – and as part of our one-stop shop service, we can appoint them on your behalf to provide an accurate valuation of your freehold purchase].
You will also need a specialist surveyor
Finally, when exercising your freehold right to buy, bear in mind that you also need to get an enfranchisement valuation from a specialist surveyor – we regularly work with a number of specialist surveyors nationwide and are happy to introduce you to one local to your block
Looking for Specialist Leasehold Enfranchisement Solicitors? Call Us Now
Exercising your Right to Enfranchise is a tricky area of law where it is important to get expert advice.
Wherever your block is based in England and Wales, our Solicitors can help you in buying your freehold.
For FREE initial advice and a FREE quote from genuine Enfranchisement specialists
- Call us today on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or
- Email us using our contact form for FREE initial advice and a FREE quote.
Comments or questions are welcome.